Ph.D. / Postdoc Application
Thank you for your interest in doing a Ph.D. or postdoc in our research group at the University of Göttingen.
We are searching for motivated employees with a finished Master’s degree or Ph.D. in computer science and prior knowledge in the fields of Data Science or Information Science.
We offer a pleasant working climate in a highly motivated, collaborative, and technically well-equipped working environment. We also offer ongoing professional and personal development opportunities, and the chance to take over responsibility in interesting and high-impact research projects.
Lastly, we offer several opportunities for international research exchanges (e.g., in Tokyo or the U.S.), and excellent industry contacts, as well as intensive mentoring during the Ph.D.
The University of Göttingen aims at removing disadvantages that exist for female researchers at the university. We strive for an increased fraction of women in research and teaching.
For more information on the Ph.D. program in Göttingen, have a look here. In addition, you might want to check out the website of the Welcome Center.
Please attach the following documents as PDF files:
- Letter of motivation (Briefly introduce yourself, describe your research interests, skills and how these fit the research of my group.)
- Work showcases (If applicable: state your website. For projects, you worked on, include links to the project website, code repository, and/or other relevant resources. For each project, state your role in the project.)
- Academic transcript
- Master’s thesis (or bachelor’s thesis if you haven’t started your master’s thesis yet)
- If applicable: publications you (co-)authored
- Optional: Other certificates, e.g., GRE Test, TOEFL Test etc.
- Optional: This section is only relevant if you are not applying for an advertised position. Do you have a scholarship? Do you plan to apply for a scholarship? If so, which one? If you apply from outside of Germany and require funding, please have a look at this resource and this one before sending an application.
Please send your application directly to Bela Gipp.