Are you planning to pursue a Ph.D. or Postdoc?
Our research lab accepts applications from academically outstanding and highly motivated graduate students on a rolling basis.
In addition to Ph.D. and postdoc positions, summer internships or visiting researcher appointments are also possible.
- M.S. or Ph.D. in a computer science-related subject at the University of Göttingen, or from a top international research university
- Experience in one or more of our group’s areas of research
- Proficient programmers (especially Python and Java)
- Committed problem solvers with an analytical and independent work ethic
- Excellent communication and writing skills in English and German
- Innovative and impactful research projects
- Close mentorship & access to industry and academic networks, attending workshops and conferences, etc.
- Productive and collegial working atmosphere in a young & international research group
The University of Göttingen, established 1737, is ranked among the top-10 universities in Germany, and top-100 universities in the world. Göttingen is a charming and vibrant student city with many cultural offerings, cute cafés and bars — all while being close to nature. As a research-focused university, the University of Göttingen is associated with over 40 Nobel Prize winners, including the physicists Max Born, Werner Heisenberg, and Max Planck. Students, who completed their Ph.D. in our lab, often go on to pursue careers in academia, e.g., as postdocs abroad. Many of our alumni have founded startups or work in the R&D departments of international tech companies.
We also collaborate with international research institutes. This means, our Ph.D. and postdocs have the opportunity to research abroad. For example, at the Los Alamos Lab in the U.S., or at the NII in Tokyo.
If you’re interested in applying for a research position, email Bela Gipp (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Attach your CV and explain in your email why you’d like to join our team. Don’t forget to describe your experience in one or more of our lab’s research areas. If applicable, include your research publications and GitHub portfolio.